Grubs are probably the most destructive pest you can have on your lawn – or, to be more precise, underneath your yard. These voracious insects wake up during the warm season and start feeding on your turf grassroots. Their appetite for almost all turf varieties makes them some of the biggest enemies of a lawn and landscape.
Who Needs Grub Control Services?
In the past years, many lawns experienced high levels of grub activity that homeowners have detected only after costly damages have occurred. We highly recommend our Grub Control service to prevent grub damage and remove other insects.
You need our Grub Control Service if you notice the following lawn signs and symptoms:
- You start to see that in late spring and early summer, your turf begins to yellow, thin, and die –unusual behavior for the season;
- Your lawn and landscape will start to feature brown grass patches;
- When you pull up a handful of grass strands, you notice it is spongy in texture and comes out very quickly as if it doesn’t have roots;
- Area of turf roll away like sod.
The moment you take note of these symptoms, you need to call your local On The Green, Inc. specialists right away, because you have a grub problem on your property.
How Do We Approach Grub Control?
A maintenance insecticide application is an integral part of a healthy lawn and preventing potential damage to the root system. We apply our Surface Insect and Grub Preventative starting in June, as a part of our Green Care Lawn Program. During the early summer months, grubs are actively feeding and stay close to the surface, so this is the best time for control.
What Else Should You Know About Our Grub Control Service?
- Our Surface Insect and Grub Control Program deal with webworms, grubs, and surface feeding insects.
- We use only use industry top-rated, low-toxicity insecticides to minimize the possibility of environmental damage when treating your property.
We offer integrated services of pest control, so feel free to check our Mosquito Control service or our Flea, Ant, and Tick Control Program! You can access these services independently or through our Six-Step Green Lawn Care Program.
These nuisance pests feed on the roots of plants, damaging the health of your lawn, and populations can develop to high numbers very quickly. Remove infestations with our Grub Control service or prevent them from ever happening with our Surface Insect and Grub Preventative.
Our applications provide long-lasting control with guaranteed results!