Fertilizing is essential for tree care because it gives trees nutrients, making them healthier and more resistant to extreme conditions. However, it takes time for surface fertilizers to reach their roots, so deep root fertilization is a more reliable option. On The Green, Inc. offers deep root fertilization for all landscape plant materials, including large canopy trees, ornamental trees, shrubs, and perennials. Keep reading to learn more about the benefits of deep root fertilization.
What is Deep Root Fertilization?
Deep root fertilization blends essential nutrients that restore soil health. These are some of the elements found naturally in forest soil, which residential landscapes tend to lack. Probe injection is used to apply beneficial organic fertilizers directly to the root system of trees and large shrubs. Benefits of this application include stronger branching, better flowering, denser foliage, and protection against insect, disease, and environmental stress.
What Kind of Fertilizer Do We Use?
We use a unique blend of soluble fertilizers formulated to address numerous aspects of soil fertility. It contains only natural fertilizer ingredients to provide a slow-releasing source of Nitrogen, Phosphorus, and Potassium, to increase the organic content of the soil immediately, and to improve microbial activity. In addition, the product contains six species of beneficial rhizosphere bacteria to provide a sustainable fertilizing effect.
Signs Your Trees Need Fertilization
- Poor growth of new shoots: The tree may not get enough nutrients if the new shoots have not reached 6 inches. Fertilizing can maintain its health and promote growth.
- Yellowing leaves: Trees struggling to grow often show signs of stress in the form of yellow leaves. It helps to pay attention to the color of the leaves to ensure they get enough nutrients.
- Visible decay: Pest and diseases can also lead to dieback, so it is essential to inspect the trees on your property to spot the signs of infestation.
How is the Service Performed?
Deep Root Fertilization is performed with pressurized probe injectors to place nutrients directly into the soil and around the root system of trees and larger shrubs. A soil drench method is used around plants with shallow root systems, including small shrubs and perennials.
Benefits of our Deep Root Fertilizing Service
- Provides slowly released fertility derived from natural sources
- Slowly releases its nutrients as it biodegrades
- Increases the organic content of the soil
- Acts as a food source for its beneficial bacteria
- Introduces six selected species of beneficial bacteria
- Increases plant health, vigor, and flowering
Deep Root Fertilization is an important part of achieving a better-performing landscape. If your trees and plants need some extra care, call On The Green, Inc. today!
On The Green Lawn Care is Here for You!
On The Green, Inc. was established back in 1994. We started as a small business that served the local area. In the decades since, we’ve expanded tremendously. Incorporated in 1997, our brand has become renowned throughout the state of Maryland. Email us at [email protected], call us at 410-695-0444, and find us at our street address: 777 Annapolis Road, Gambrills, Maryland 21054. Grow with us on Facebook and Google!