Homeowners in Davidsonville, MD, recognize an On The Green, Inc. lawn when they see one. Such a patch of green paradise is lush, thriving, and buzzing with life. If you want a yard full of healthy, beautiful grass, you should call our experts! All our lawn treatments in Davidsonville, MD, come with certifications. We have years of experience in delivering all types of lawn care services to all our customers. We know each lawn is unique and has its particular features. So, we use our certifications, science-based and organic lawn care programs, the latest equipment, and tailored fertilizers to guarantee your satisfaction. Whether you need core aeration or overseeding services, we guarantee the best results! Let’s go over why you should trust us with caring for your lawn.
The Basics of Core Aeration
Core aeration is a process of lawn aeration where machinery removes plugs, or “cores”, of soil from a lawn. Aeration reduces soil compaction, allowing proper nutrients to penetrate through the soil. Core aeration is recommended when seeding because it loosens soil for the seeds to germinate. Benefits of core aeration include:
- Allows sunlight, water, and nutrients to adequately reach grass roots, protecting them from weeds, pests, or diseases.
- Compacted soil can cause your grass to wither and develop brown patches. Aeration ensures water penetrates deep in the ground, hydrating the roots.
- Aeration allows air, water, and fertilizers to penetrate the soil. When nutrients penetrate deeper into the root zone, this improves the effectiveness of your seeding.
Benefits of Seeding Your Lawn
Introducing new grass seed to your lawn restores bare areas and thickens existing turf. Over time, grass plants reach their peak and need to be replaced. Various factors contribute to the deterioration of the grass, such as foot traffic, heat, dehydration, environmental conditions, and pet waste. Seeding your lawn also makes it more resistant to diseases. Incorporating different grass seed blends prevents diseases from wiping out your entire yard.
Signs You Need Aeration and Seeding
Aeration and seeding is a renewal process that helps rejuvenate your lawn to the lush yard it once was. If you notice any of the following signs, it may be a good idea to schedule aeration and seeding services:
- Puddles- Puddles are a sign of compacted soil. The more compacted the soil, the less likely the roots will get the nutrients it needs.
- Patchy areas- Patches in your yard indicate that you should seed your lawn.
- Discoloration- Yellow and brown grass is a warning sign of soil compaction.
- Thinning grass- Bald patches and slow growth may indicate that the roots cannot get the proper nutrients or absorb water.
On The Green Lawn Care is Here for You!
On The Green, Inc. was established back in 1994. We started as a small business that served the local area. In the decades since, we’ve expanded tremendously. Incorporated in 1997, our brand has become renowned throughout the state of Maryland. Email us at [email protected] or call us at 410-695-0444. Grow with us on Facebook and Google!