Fall will be here before you know it; however, you might not think much about maintaining your lawn. Proper lawn care during the fall is essential for enjoying a thick, healthy lawn for the rest of the year. Grass becomes stressed during the summer by heat and drought. Aeration reduces soil compaction, allowing oxygen and nutrients to reach the root system. Overseeding fills in stressed areas and improves density. On The Green, Inc. offers aeration and seeding services to keep your lawn beautiful. We also provide a new Liquid Aeration service and our Fall Seeding Service Guarantee. Keep reading to learn more.
What is Liquid Aeration?
For our Liquid Aeration services, we use a product called Hydra-Hume. Hydra-Hume is a fertilizer efficiency and oxygen-fortifying tool designed to help you get more value from the fertilizer applied to your lawn. It increases uptake and retains nitrogen and phosphorus in the soil for greater utilization. Hydra-Hume helps prevent nutrient tie-ups by improving nutrient availability and soil structure for better water and oxygen movement.
Some benefits of Hydra-Hume include:
- Increases fertilizer efficiency
- Improves nutrient uptake
- Enhances soil structure with beneficial bacteria and microbes
- Prevents nutrient tie-up
- Increases nitrogen uptake by the lawn
- Keeps nutrients in the root feeding zone longer
- Improves oxygen in the soil
Hydra-Hume improves the uptake of nitrogen, phosphorus, potassium, iron, calcium, and manganese by utilizing the power of fulvic and humic acids. Hydra-Hume holds fertilizer in the root zone, making it more available to the root. It also improves the soil structure by creating a more stable aggregate resistant to erosion and compaction, increasing oxygen flow and water-holding capacity. This service provides equivalent results with mechanical aeration with less labor and soil disturbance. Since this process does not disrupt the top layer of soil, any spot-seeding should be cultivated into the ground for improved germination.
Caring for Your New Seed
Aerating and Seeding are essential to achieving and maintaining a thick, healthy lawn. It is crucial to follow these instructions to get great results.
- Watering: Water your lawn daily for three weeks to promote germination and establish the new roots. One watering in the morning of 15 minutes per area is usually adequate to maintain moisture for newly germinating seeds. Adjust your schedule accordingly for hot days or rain.
- Mowing: Mowing can resume as needed. However, mow your lawn carefully to avoid damaging new seedlings. For best results, always use good mowing practices with sharp blades, a minimum 4” height, avoid cutting wet grass, and remove excess clippings.
- Fertilizing: Once established, your new lawn will need regular care to stay green and healthy. Fertilizers or herbicides can impact the results of seed either poorly or positively.
Our Fall Seeding Service Guarantee
On The Green, Inc. guarantees seed will germinate and grow in all areas serviced to customers that follow the Care Instructions. If, after four weeks of care, sites have failed to germinate and fill in as expected, please contact our office so that we may inspect the lawn and over-seed any problem areas at no charge to ensure uniform turf density.
Please note that our Guaranteed Policy does not apply to washouts from heavy rain or lawns not watered according to the care instructions. Due to the potential adverse effects of certain applied products on seeds, we do not guarantee seed germination for customers using products other than those applied by On The Green, Inc. Please notify On The Green, Inc. within eight weeks of the seeding service for needed follow-up. Seeding requests after the eight weeks will be subject to a service charge.
On The Green, Inc. Lawn Care is Here for You!
On The Green, Inc. was established back in 1994. We started as a small business that served the local area. In the decades since, we’ve expanded tremendously. Incorporated in 1997, our brand has become renowned throughout the state of Maryland. Email us at [email protected], call us at 410-695-0444, and find us at our street address: 777 Annapolis Road, Gambrills, Maryland 21054. Grow with us on Facebook and Google!